• What are the duties and responsibilities of the Cypress Trails at Nocatee Homeowners Association?

The purpose of your community’s Association is to own and maintain the common areas for the benefit of all homeowners.  These areas include roadside landscaping, neighborhood parks and preservation areas.  The Association through its Board of Directors also enforces the rights and obligations outlined in the Declaration of Covenants and Restrictions for the community.

  • Who are the members of the Association?

Every homeowner within Cypress Trails at Nocatee is a member of the Cypress Trails at Nocatee Homeowners Association.

  • Who should I contact with a question or concern involving the community?

You may contact the community’s property manager, BCM Services at 242-0666 or info@bcmservices.net.

  • Who serves as the Association’s Board of Directors?

Until 90% of the total planned number of homes in Cypress Trails at Nocatee are complete, the Developer has the right to appoint the three members of the Associations Board.  Upon a 90% buildout, the residents of Cypress Trails at Nocatee will elect the three Directors and assume control of the Association.

  • When do I pay my Association Annual Assessment?

At the closing of your home you should have paid a prorated amount of the Association Annual Assessment through the end of the calendar year.  At the beginning of the next calendar year, you should receive a billing notice for that year’s Annual Assessment.  This assessment is due by January 1st.  A late fee and/or interest will be assessed if payment is not received by January 15th.  Unpaid assessments are subject to late fees and interest and a lien may be filed against your property in accordance with the community’s Covenants and Florida Law.  If you have any questions about your account or billings, please contact BCM Services at 904-242-0666.

  • What is the Architectural Review Board?

A copy of the Homeowner’s Architectural Review Criteria and Procedure Manual may be found on the HOA website. This manual explains the design standards for the community and the process of submitting for approval. Please be aware that any improvement to the exterior of your home must first receive ARB approval. This includes such items as exterior paint or roof color change,  pools, screen enclosures, fences, flagpoles, driveway or any other  improvement to the exterior of your house.

  • What is the CDD?

The Tolomato Community Development District (CDD) was established to assist in the financing and construction of public infrastructure in Nocatee including major roadways, parks and trails and other amenities serving property owners in Nocatee. The CDD operates and maintains those improvements and you will pay assessments and fees to the CDD annually. Typically these fees are included in the Real Estate tax bill you will receive from the County in November of each year.These fees are not associated with the Cypress Trails at Nocatee Homeowner’s Association.

  • How do I get a mailbox key?

Your builder should have provided you with your mailbox key when you closed on your house.  If you need a replacement key, please contact BCM Services at info@bcmservices.net.  A fee of $25 will be required to provide a replacement key.

  •  How do I report a street light that is not working?

Call JEA at 904-665-6000 or go to Contact Us atjea.com.

  • How do I report a problem with the street or sidewalk?

Since we are in a non-gated community the streets and sidewalks are the responsibility of the city so you need to call 630-CITY (630-2489).

  • Who do I call if I have a trash, recycling, or yard waste pickup issue?

All of these are the responsibility of the city so call 630-CITY (630-2489).

  • How do get a replacement mailbox if mine is damaged?

ACE hardware carries a mailbox that is nearly identical to the mailboxes that were initially installed by the builders.

  • Who do I call if I detect a gas leak?

Contact TECO Peoples Gas at 877-832-6747.

  • Who do I contact if I need electrical or plumbing help?

The HOA is not able to provide recommendations for professional craftsmen to perform home repairs or improvements.  Typical resources for this are neighbors, Angie’s List, YELP, and the Yellow Pages.

  • Who do I need to contact to have my reclaimed water (irrigation) system inspected?

JEA is required by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection to conduct periodic inspections of our reclaimed water system.  They recommend the inspection be performed every two years.  They have delegated scheduling this inspection to the homeowners.  JEA has developed a list of approved vendors to perform this inspection.  The list of vendors can be obtained by sending an email tobackflow@jea.com.

  • Who should I contact if I notice the irrigation system in one of the common area is not working properly (running continuously, sprinkler head has come off)?

These systems are the responsibility of the CDD.  Contact one of your HOA Board members or David Ray from the CDD.

  • What is the difference between the CDD, HOA, and BCM?

The CDD (Community Development District) has overall responsibility for Nocatee.  They own all the common areas both outside and inside the individual neighborhoods.  This includes the Cypress Trails pool and dog park, but does not include the roads which are owned by the city.  We pay our CDD fee as a part of our real estate tax.

The HOA is responsible for all the area in Cypress Trails not covered by the CDD and the city.  The Declaration of Covenants and Architectural Review Board Manual that we all received when we moved in define the rules for the community.  The HOA owns these documents and is responsible for making sure we all live up to them.  The HOA dues are collected at the beginning of each year.

BCM is a management company that performs many of the administrative functions for a number of HOAs, including Cypress Trails.  They do the HOA billing, pay HOA vendors and bills, and perform periodic monitoring of the neighborhood for noncompliance to the Covenants.  A portion of the HOA dues